Are you organizing your holiday in Bormio? Keep monitored the situation of the Alpine passes, especially during summer pre-season, when the situation is subject to change day by day.
The opening of the most important passes, such as Stelvio, Mortirolo and Gavia, is planning around the 20th of May, but the certain date has not yet been defined.
Update to June 5th, 2019
– Stelvio: PARTIALLY OPEN
- the Stelvio SS 38 of the Lombard side will be open ONLY from 6.00 am to 12.00 pm
- the Stelvio road from Quarta Cantoniera (where the road meets with the road coming from Swiss) to the top of Passo dello Stelvio will be open continuously from 6.00 am
- the Umbrail road will be open from 2.00 pm.
- STELVIO PASS FROM TRAFOI STILL CLOSED
– Bernina: OPEN all year round
– Forcola: OPEN– transit prohibited to vehicles exceeding 18 tons of weight
– Foscagno: OPEN all year round
– Maloja: OPEN all year round
– Mortirolo: OPEN (closed during winter season)
– Spluga: OPEN (closed during winter season)
Do you wanna check the situation in real time and find all the useful numbers for more information? Visit the page dedicated to the status of mountain passes Bormio on the website of the Proloco.