Are you organizing your holiday in Bormio? Keep monitored the situation of the Alpine passes, especially early and late summer, when the situation is subject to change by the day.
The opening of the most important passes, such as Stelvio, Mortirolo and Gavia, is planning around the 20th of May, but the certain date has not yet been defined.
Update to September 25th, 2018
– Bernina: OPEN all year round
– Forcola: CLOSED – transit prohibited to vehicles exceeding 18 tons of weight
– Foscagno: OPEN all year round
– Gavia:CLOSED – transit prohibited to vehicles exceeding 2.80 m of height and 3.5 tons of weight
– Maloja: OPEN all year round
– Mortirolo:CLOSED (closed during winter season)
– S. Marco: CLOSED (closed during winter season)
– Stelvio: CLOSED (on the side of the Alto Adige: transit ban for vehicles with a length of more than 10.50 m. From the part of Bormio: prohibition of transit for vehicles with a height exceeding 3.30 m.) (closed during winter season).
Do you wanna check the situation in real time and find all the useful numbers for more information? Visit the page dedicated to the status of mountain passes Bormio on the website of the Proloco.